Tuesday, October 18, 2011

EXPLORING TAAL HERITAGE TOWN



I was reading a blog about Taal Batangas being compared to Vigan because of its century old charm. I got so interested so I packed my bag and visit the place to see for myself. I know nothing about architecture or anything like that  but walking around this small village is like walking back century years ago.


I first paid a visit to Taal Basilica and I was amazed by its beauty it was like a church in Rome. According to them it was the Asia’s biggest catholic church.









































































A few steps from the church is the Escuela Pia, unfortunately it was close that time so I was not able to see what is inside.


Situated a few blocks from Taal Basilica are three  museums, the Galeria Taal, The Apacible and the Agoncillo Museum. 

I first visited Galeria Taal which is a vintage camera museum showcasing Manny Barrion Inumerable’s wide collection of vintage cameras. It is also a gallery of Philippine antiquarium photographs of the 1800’s, American occupation, Second World War and the Liberation period. I was amazed that this house holds a million worth of vintage camera collection.















I walk further down Agoncillo street to visit the other two museums, unfortunately I only made it to Apacible because the Agoncillo museums  closes at 4:00 in the afternoon.







My tour around this town gives me an opportunity to take a glimpse and be part of the history.
















Happy Travel,

Wamboy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...