Wednesday, June 25, 2014

ILOCOS TOUR | ILOCOS NORTE, Part 2

It was almost lunch time when we arrived in Laoag after the First Part of our Ilocos Norte Tour.  We had lunch in Laoag first before continuing on our Ilocos Norte tour.

MALACAÑANG OF THE NORTH

Also known as Malacañang Ti Amianan. The two storey mansion is said to be a gift to the former Philippine President Ferdinand Marcos from his wife Imelda on his 60th birthday. Locacated in Bario Suba, Paoay, Ilocos Norte overlooking the panoramic view of Paoay Lake, this mansion serves as official residence of the former President Ferdinand Marcos whenever he is in Ilocos. Today, it now serves as a museum with some of its rooms converted as a gallery of the former first family's memorabilla.

Malacañang of the North


Malacañang of the North overlooking Paoay Lake


The Grand Staircase, my favorite part of the house

PAOAY CHURCH

San Agustin Church commonly known as Paoay Church, located in the town of Paoay, Ilocos Norte  was designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site as one best example of Baroque Churches in the Philippines in 1993.

The church is among the major tourist attraction in the province of Ilocos Norte because of its distinct architecture.
Paoay Church
4X4 ADVENTURE IN LA PAZ SAND DUNES

My left hand is holding tight on the steel bar at the back of 4X4 jeep while my right hand is taking a video of the ride using my phone until the jeep moves its way down the high ridge, I forgot about the phone and my attempt to take a video of the ride and just hold on tight ( I mean, hug the steel bar haha...) to keep me from flying out as our jeep descends. Did i mention, I let off a scream too?

After a quick landing, as we try to compose ourselves the jeep moves its way up the ridge, on the side of the ridge, moves down and so on. And I would say,  this is the best part of my Ilocos Trip.




We conquered La Paz Sand Dunes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...